Proof of residence is one of the major setbacks experienced by foreign nationals and tourists in South Africa especially when applying for bank accounts. Bank debit cards can be useful but most come with hidden costs and charge exorbitant transactional charges. Wouldn’t it be ideal to have a card designed to be used where your conventional ATM or credit card just won’t cut it,no hassles of proof of residence or supporting documents except for your passport when getting it? What if I tell you such a card exists and getting one for yourself is as easy as cutting butter with a hot knife!
Say hello to UR Card, a transactional debit card that eliminates the risk of carrying cash around (both local and foreign cash). The (Unique Rand) Card can be loaded with rands at a fixed exchange rate from either a local or foreign bank and used to withdraw money at any ATM in any South African city. That’s not all, you can make purchases at all MasterCard electronic pay points, which can be found nationwide, that is, supermarkets, petrol stations, restaurants, hotels, etc.
Ok so what’s the big deal about this card, what sets it apart from the other debit cards? Well, that’s the good part, observe:
- Free point of sale purchases – up to 45 swipes per month.
- Safe and simple pin-protected cashless transactions.
- Withdraw money at any SASWITCH ATM or POS where MasterCard logo is displayed.
- If lost, broken or stolen, the card can be blocked and replaced easily and immediately, and the funds can be reloaded
- You can easily monitor your budget and history of transactions via an online account management system on the URCard web page (Urcard.co.za).
- The card is valid for anywhere up to three years and is replaced for free immediately on expiry, so those who return to SA frequently can re-use the same card every time.
- It’s easy to reclaim any money left on the card when departing SA – simply withdraw what remains from the nearest ATM.
With such a card, it’s goodbye hassles and hello convenience. You no longer have to drag visiting any parts of South Africa or even staying a little longer. You can now budget and keep tabs on your disposable income despite your job description. You don’t have to worry about being blindsided by hidden costs and fine print since all the charges are clearly laid out. This incredible service is a great alternative especially for foreigners living in South Africa and tourists. Don’t be left behind, sign up for a URCard by emailing email@example.com. or dropping them a message on Facebook and they will call you.